Money and Banking, ECO342, Fall 2011
.  New items in red.
- CDF of total point score and grade ranges
- Total score is .5 times final exam score + .3 times midterm score + .2 times problem set score, with each normalized to 100 points.
Means and standard deviations were: final, 59(16); midterm, 50(16); problem sets, 27(6.5) or 89(28) normalized to 100. On the problem sets, the normalized standard deviation
for those who handed in more than two problem sets was 15, and the normalized score of 100 corresponded to 30, i.e. 5's on all 6 problem sets (so a few people were over 100).
- Answers to Exercises A and B
- Review Q and A
- Some questions from a student about the course materials, with answers
- Notes on Seignorage
- These notes go somewhat beyond what we did in lecture.
- Notes on multiple equilibria, and exercise due Friday, January 13.
- The exercise can be handed in to your preceptor either electronically, or in the department mailboxes in Fisher Hall.
- Exercise due Tuesday, 11/22 in class, plus discussion questions for precept
- Note that for the precepts this week to be most useful, you need to read the Stella article before the precept.
- Midterm Exam, with answers
- CDF of midterm grades
- Loan rate exercise with answers
- Expansion of the discussion of cash drains in the first lecture slides
- Exercise on loan rates, due Tuesday, 10/25
- Exercise due in class Thursday, 10/13, and questions for discussion in precept.
- Slides on Banks (corresponding to 10/6 lecture presented without slides)
- Bubbles, etc. notes
- Answer for price determination exercise
- Exercise due in class Tuesday, October 4 in class, and discussion questions for precepts
- Notes on asset pricing and term structure
- List of precept assignments
- 1 is 10AM Mon, B01, 2 is 1:30PM Thu, B03; 3 is 3:30PM Thu, B02; 4 is 10AM Fri, B04; 5 is 11AM Fri, B04. All are in Fisher Hall
- Exercise due 9/27 and discussion questions for precepts
- Slides from first lecture
- Price level determination model slides
- Price level determination model notes