Bubbles and Crashes
Eco315, part 2
New information is in red.
Course Syllabus and Reading List
The course meets 11-12:20TTH in Fisher B04.
Link to a previous version of the course
Exercises, Notes, etc.
- Take-home exam
- The version of the exam here now includes answers. There is also a spreadsheet related to the answer
to question 2.
- Specifications for the short paper
- Exercise on cascades, risk-sharing, and betting. Due Tuesday 5/8.
- The version of the exercise linked above now includes answers
- An Excel spreadsheet that checks for a solution in problem 2.
- An R program that checks for a solution in Problem 2
- An R program that checks for a solution. This program does not assume that the C's are given. It could be used with an iterative equation solver to find the solution for given beliefs and utilities, which I did in setting up the exercise.
- Lecture notes
- Bubbles and fundamentals
- Tulip model
- Banks and lending
- Cascades, Bayes' rule
- Link to Goeree et al paper
- First lecture notes: Anatomy of bubbles and crashes
- Notes on probability